This week was a rollercoaster, health/fitness-wise.
Let's get the Lows out of the way first... I like to end on a high note.
1. I ate crap this weekend. Not ALL weekend, but portions of the weekend. No idea why, other than just boredom/laziness. I have a plan though--my plan is that I need a plan! No, seriously. I'm going to start a weekly meal plan/workout plan list so that I don't lose focus during the weekends. It's so easy to just be lazy (I didn't get dressed at all Sunday, no joke) and get off track when I don't have a structured day.
2. I didn't get Day 3 of C25K in during the first week. Our weather here was crappy, and I am an outdoor runner, rather than a treadmill runner, and I didn't get the third day in.
3. Also, I had to stop once during day 2. I paused my podcast and picked up where I left off, but I needed a 20-30 second break to get my breath--trying to focus on my breathing, in thru nose, out thru mouth, but sometimes I forget.
4. I'm thinking that realistically, I'm not going to be able to run a 5K by April 29--not the whole thing, anyway. I realize the C25K program is designed to work up from nothing, but week one is a challenge for all 300+ pounds of me... We'll see, I just gotta keep at it.
OK, now that that's out of the way, let's evaluate the highs from the week, shall we?
1. I RAN ON THE TREADMILL. Don't get me wrong, it certainly wasn't a "fast" run... in fact, some people could probably walk the pace I jogged (3.2), but it was a huge huge huge accomplishment to overcome my fear of not only running publicly, but also to do it on the treadmill. I wasn't sure if I'd actually do it, I was so scared/terrified, I actually wanted to cry, but I bucked up and I did it. I did NOT enjoy it, in fact, I think I held my body so tense the whole time that I ached the next day because of the tension, not the actual exercise! But, I did it. Will I do it again? Maybe, but certainly not as my first choice.
2. I lost weight this week! I was worried about my progress this past week because of being sick, plus being on meds (steroids included) that can tend to make you hold on to weight. However, I was amazingly surprised/shocked on Thursday to see that I had in fact lost. A whopping 9.2 pounds! I was so floored in fact, that I insisted I get off the scale & get back on it to verify its number! That means that I am at a weight I haven't seen in a very long time, and also one that puts me only 4 pounds away from using our home scale (I've been over the weight limit for quite some time)
3. In addition to losing a large chunk of weight this week, I reached/exceeded my 5% WW goal! I was so happy to FINALLY reach that! I had been flirting with the same 10-15 pound loss/gain for like 6 months, then this past month I've finally committed to things again & I surpassed that 10-15 pound mark & I'm at 22.8 pounds lost in 2011!
4. I was also the biggest loser at WW this week! Eddie had claimed that title for several weeks running (damn men and their fast weight loss!), but this week I earned it! (He did have a substantial 4+ pound loss this week too though!) It felt good to do so well!
5. I actually noticed weight loss in my face in the last week. Usually I don't notice a difference in myself when I lose weight, until it's been a drastic amount. However, last week I looked in the mirror after getting ready for work & I thought "you know, your face looks thinner!" So I snapped this picture:
So yeah, highs and lows... they're always gonna be there, I just gotta hope that the good outweighs the bad in the long-run!